DirectTV versus Dish Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

halo71

Anybody got any feedback on preferences? My dilemma is that I have been a DirectTV customer for some years now. Decided to switch because Dish had a good deal going on in my area. Free DVR/Dolby Digital Receiver, whereas DirectTV "told" me that they would sell me one for $350.00. At first they acted like they could have cared less if I switched, or like I was bothering them by calling. (Had a flash back experience from AOL!!! lol)

Went ahead and had Dish come out today with the new eqipment. So far I am satisfied with Dish. Well later I went to call DirectTV to cancel my service. After being on hold a supervisor came on and asked why I was cancelling my service, I have been a customer for 5 years now, why the change. After telling her what one of her cusotmer service people said about having to buy the receiver. She told me that they were wrong. Seems like they quoted a price for a HD receiver. She tells with that because of the confusion, she would wave the fee for the new equipment and give me a TiVo if I stay with DirectTV.

Thinking now maybe I should have done a little more research. BUT, so far I like the Dish receiver and menu's etc. Although I have 3 days to cancel the contract with Dish. Thought some input would ease my mind.

Thanks in advance....

I can't comment on Dish network really, because I've never had it. But I've had Direct TV for years and think I'll stay with it. I have HDTV and a HD receiver, and the promise of a large increase in HD channels with the launch of several new Direct TV satellites, will make me stay with them. I could be wrong, but I think Direct TV will have the lead in HD shortly, at least for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back