TechSpot

Directx 10 games

By chjoco15
Nov 14, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lately i've been starting to look at parts for building a custom computer, but i am not very educated when it comes to building computers.

So... my question (since i am looking to sli 2 XFX GeForce 7300 GT's) do the newest games (like crysis and those other insanely demanding games) NEED directx 10 to run? Im not a graphics freak, and if the game or whatever is less sharp i won't care a whole lot, im more centered around gameplay.
    I know those cards wont support directx 10, but i am worried that the games wont even work on a directx 9 system.

Thank you

2. Computer~freak~

Computer~freak~ TS Rookie Posts: 206

hello chjoco, to answer your question so far all the new DX10 games that i know of and that are coming out are also DX9 games . all that DX10 offers is those intense details. but from that and DX9 there isnt very much difrence i personaly am going to buy two 8800 GT's in the near future =)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.