DirectX 10 graphics card on xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a shame they don't have any HD3850's. They perform WAY better than the 8600GTS and have a very low price tag. And $230 for an 8600GTS is very expensive. What country do you live in?

If we go by the website rogue linked to, I would say he is from Australia.

mailpup said:
If we go by the website rogue linked to, I would say he is from Australia.
I'm from Australia and even I get way better deals that that. I'm guessing he's getting it from some retail computer shop which doesn't cut out the middle man making the prices on the products extremely expensive.

Go to HB Outlet. They cut out the middle man and the prices are very cheap (considering its Australian). I've bought a few things from there. But I would still recommend going to the computer fair if you have them in your area.

EDIT: LINK, A little more expensive than that 8600GTS, but it will smash it in performance, anywhere from 30-70% performance increase.

or

LINK, not as good as the above link, but the same graphics card I have and its a beast. I can play all my games maxed out. Only real problem is stuttering cause of the 256MB VRAM which is why its probably recommended to go with the first link.

wow people i was refering the type of card i was getting, i wasnt buying it from that rip of retailer. and yeah im a aussie

lol and i did buy the inno3d 8600 series 512mb ddr2 today for 120$ AUD from a computer fair any good? , but i need a new psu to run it, i may try to refund it though

rogue12 said:
lol and i did buy the inno3d 8600 series 512mb ddr2 today for 120$ AUD from a computer fair any good? , but i need a new psu to run it, i may try to refund it though
Wait? You have the computer fair in your area? where do you live? Also you can't refund from the computer fair, only replace.

What kind of PSU do you have?

i live the in ACT area, and i can get it refunded as my receipt states that i can within 7 days, but they keep 10% of purchase price. and my psu FSP300-60THA(1) 300 watts, i do plan on upgrading to somewhere around the 500 to 600 watts mark so that i do have enough juice for new hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back