TechSpot

Directx 10

By taffia77
Feb 3, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone know if my setup will support directx 10 when it's released?
    I've got a Geforce 5500 256mb video card and I'm running XP and don't particularly want to move to Vista. However, I'm hearing that DX10 will be exclusive to vista.
    I just know that within a couple of months I won't be able to play any new games if I can't run DX10.

2. detrunks

detrunks TS Enthusiast Posts: 204

vista or not - I doubt your vid card will be DX 10 compatible, sorry!

3. taffia77

taffia77 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 41

Brilliant. Just bought it! :mad:

4. detrunks

detrunks TS Enthusiast Posts: 204

I only doubt it - I'm not certain for sure. Hang in there for one of the experts to reply.

5. paulla

paulla TS Rookie Posts: 42

It's likely it will work but most of the advanced stuff will not be available due to limitations of your card, the 5500 is a bottom end card and already two generations out of date. I wouldn't worry about it at the minute and it will depend on whether you're willing to stump up £200'ish to Mr Gates for Vista when it's released.

6. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

I wouldnt worry about it. by the time games incorporating DX10 features show up you will be ready to buy a new video card anyway.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.