TechSpot

DirectX 10

By THERAP1ST
Jun 25, 2006
  1. I don't know if anything has been posted about this yet, but does any one have any Idea when DX10 video cards will be coming out? From what I have read DX9 and DX10 are not backwards compatiable with out software, so I don't want to go off and buy a high end DX9 card only to have it be out dated in 2 months by not being DX10 compatiable.

2. WinDoWsMoNoPoLy

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy TS Rookie Posts: 252

Thats what i heard as well. Pretty much, just dont upgraded until DX10 comes out and the DualCore technology becomes better. Thats what i'm doing.

3. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 TS Rookie Posts: 356

As far as I know there still is no real hard set date yet.

4. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

5. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

according to this article the cards are in the works, but won't be available until later this year. it's a good preview of Vista if you've got time to read it. if you don't then here's a snippit of it:
    most people will have no need for DX10 cards for a while. but suckers like me who are die-hard Halo fans will dish out the cash the second that HaloPC2 comes out, and M$ knows it ;)

6. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

For people that have an old graphics card, and don`t want to wait that LONG time before DX10 gets here, I recommend getting a new DX9 card.
    Like gamespot.com said, most of the titles this and next year will be DX9.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.