TechSpot

DirectX 10

By THERAP1ST
Jun 25, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know if anything has been posted about this yet, but does any one have any Idea when DX10 video cards will be coming out? From what I have read DX9 and DX10 are not backwards compatiable with out software, so I don't want to go off and buy a high end DX9 card only to have it be out dated in 2 months by not being DX10 compatiable.
  2. WinDoWsMoNoPoLy

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy TS Rookie Posts: 269

Thats what i heard as well. Pretty much, just dont upgraded until DX10 comes out and the DualCore technology becomes better. Thats what i'm doing.
  3. Jimbo420

Jimbo420 TS Rookie Posts: 484

As far as I know there still is no real hard set date yet.
  4. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,846

5. KingCody

KingCody TS Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

according to this article the cards are in the works, but won't be available until later this year. it's a good preview of Vista if you've got time to read it. if you don't then here's a snippit of it:
    most people will have no need for DX10 cards for a while. but suckers like me who are die-hard Halo fans will dish out the cash the second that HaloPC2 comes out, and M$ knows it ;)
  6. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

For people that have an old graphics card, and don`t want to wait that LONG time before DX10 gets here, I recommend getting a new DX9 card.
    Like gamespot.com said, most of the titles this and next year will be DX9.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.