DirectX 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzz

I've never installed DirectX 11 and in dxdiag in says that I have it, but I'm experiencing some lag issues with games that don't even have good graphics. Is it a good idea to reinstall DX11? And if so which one should I download since there's a few different ones

As I understand it, DX-11 is only present in Windows 7. So what version of Windows are we talking?

The facts of life (DX life) are as follows; DX-9 = WinXP, DX-10 = Vista, and last but not least DX-11 = Windows 7.

Because of XP's long service life, there were a few different versions of DX-9. The latest being DX-9c

As to lag in games, that could also be the graphics card or graphics driver, these are the more likely cause of lag, unless you have installed the wrong DX into the wrong OS version.

DX11 is now supported on vista too.

Care to be more specific?

Yeah It was some random game called soldat, 2d, and graphics aurnt anything good but every 5-10 seconds I would lag making the aimer lag as well.

And yes I do have windows 7 + a ATI radeon 5750 which supports DX11

DX11 is now supported on vista too.

Thus confirming my suspicions that Windows 7 is actually just Vista with XP's memory usage profile restored.

If you have installed Win 7, then the DX version that was with it should be present. Installing a different DX, is usually something reserved for updating an older version of XP. (as I said). This is of course unless M$ has offered a discreet DX11 update.

The more likely cause of poor gaming is still the graphics driver itself, or the PSU being insufficient.

I'm not a gamer and that's about as much as I can offer.

The more likely cause of poor gaming is still the graphics driver itself, or the PSU being insufficient.
I would say the problem is not involved with graphics, do any other games "lag"?

I would say the problem is not involved with graphics, do any other games "lag"?
HK, if you're going to say that the problem is not graphics, then might I suggest that you offer an alternative.

As stated your post isn't helpful, or even on the path to helpful.

Yes I know, I'm always finding fault, Spare me!

Haha, just making sure the thread starter isn't trying to uninstall DX11.
As stated your post isn't helpful
Yes I know, a lot of my posts really aren't.

You could try a reinstall of the game, if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back