Directx 9.0c graphics adapter message with Sims 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there
I am new to this website and am needing some help. I have the Sims 2 and alot of expansion packs of the Sims 2 installed on my PC. I have up until a couple of days ago been playing it fine.
Now when I try to go into it I get this error message: Failed to find any Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptors in the system. Please make sure you have a Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.
I have a Radeon 9250 graphics card with 1024MB RAM (569MB used - 1896MB available); Directx version: 9.0c; Operating system Windows XP Home Edition; Display mode: 1024 x 768 (32bit) Plug and Play monitor Chip: ATI display adaptor AGP (0x5960) DAC type internal DAC 400MHz; Drivers: Main driver: ati2dvag.dll

I've downloaded the latest directx 9.0c again (via Microsoft downloads) just in case it was corrupted and still no good. Can't play game. Can anyone help?

Can any one help - give me some advice as to what to do now???
Thanks
Scully

Blind Dragon, please post your reply in the thread that i linked to above. The original poster has posted this problem 3 times and I'm trying to help avoid confusion and frustration.

Hi there I have regcure thanks for replying. I have done a scan - it picked up about 700 errors!!! They are now fixed.
Once again sorry everyone for posting in three different places
Scully

Thanks Yes success!!! I can now play sims 2 without error message coming up. Thanks to you guys!!!
Great site here.
Scully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back