directx 9.0c problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

Well, I installed the Sims 2 on this pretty old laptop that I have, and when I attempt to run the game, an error message pops up saying,

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. This application will now terminate."

I realize that some other people have posted threads aboput this exact issue before, and I have read over them, but I am very confused.

I am running this game on a Fujitsu laptop, with a "Trident Video Accelerator 9525DVD" graphics card or something?

Please help me!

Thank you,

Laura

EA's been pushing their Sims2 franchise pretty hard as it has gotten 1 expansion, 1 "Stuff" pack and another expansion out this month. This has made more and more people look into the series.

It's also confused a lot of players since previous Sim's games were not truly 3D, but instead bitmap/sprites much like the older Diablo games. This made it so it could run on just about any PC with or without a 3d card.

The Sims 2 is now a fully 3d, polygonal game engine and requires most of the capabilities of the DirectX 9.0 API to function properly. It's also pretty finicky with many cards that are borderline and close to the hardware capability D3D 9.0 level.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

LAURAiscool said:
Thanks soo much! Do you think that there is any way i could get it so it could work? Like download some updates or something?

Unfortunately no, you can`t download anything that`ll make the game work on your laptop.

As Mictlantecuhtli said. "Your graphics adapter is simply too old to play that game."

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Ok well thank you very much for helping me out! And I really don't mean to be annoying or anything but could i buy a new graphics card? Like, would a new one work on my laptop?

It`s highly unlikely you`d be able to upgrade your laptop to a better graphics card.

Can you give us the make and model of your laptop?

Regards Howard :)

Ok, lol its really old (made in 1999 to be exact). It's a.....

lol wait, nevermind. Its wayyy to old. I think ill just buy a new one!

Thank you very much to everyone for all their help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back