DirectX 9.0c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBS_Strappy

Hey my firned is having troubles downloading Directx 9.0c. he has directx but the version is 9.0b and when he tries to update it to 9.0c, it would say download complete (or somethin like that) but when we check what version of directx he has it would always say 9.0b. his computer is better than mine, but the only problem is the directx. we both want that computer to get directx 9.0c so that we can play city of villains.

how are you downloading it? if you are downloading the file you have run the file after downloading it in order to install it.

iss said:
how are you downloading it? if you are downloading the file you have run the file after downloading it in order to install it.

Yea. we did do that..after we download it we opened it up and it started downloading onto the computer....and when its done downloading we check up on it and it said we still have directx 9.0b.

typically the DX files merely unzip and deposit the files into a temporary directory it is from there that you have to run the set up file. is that what you did?

iss said:
typically the DX files merely unzip and deposit the files into a temporary directory it is from there that you have to run the set up file. is that what you did?

Yupp. thats what we did..still didnt work.

then it sounds like there is a problem with the file you are downloading. and y are getting 9b instead of 9c. where are you downloading the file from?

iss said:
then it sounds like there is a problem with the file you are downloading. and y are getting 9b instead of 9c. where are you downloading the file from?

were gettin the file from microsoft.

What name is ont he file you download? the one I got is "directx_dec2005_redist.exe"

is this the same file you downloaded? also did you reboot after installation?

iss said:
What name is ont he file you download? the one I got is "directx_dec2005_redist.exe"

is this the same file you downloaded? also did you reboot after installation?

yea thats the same file...and we did reboot

then there seems to be one of two things happening. either there is a problem with the file or DXDiag is not reporting the right version DX installed. id your firned running XP with SP2? and has he kept up on updates? If I recall correctly there was a hotfix for a bug in which DXDiag did not report the correct version of DX installed.

Try downloading SIW and look under the "applications" section and see what it reports the version of Dx is installed.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/

iss said:
then there seems to be one of two things happening. either there is a problem with the file or DXDiag is not reporting the right version DX installed. id your firned running XP with SP2? and has he kept up on updates? If I recall correctly there was a hotfix for a bug in which DXDiag did not report the correct version of DX installed.

Try downloading SIW and look under the "applications" section and see what it reports the version of Dx is installed.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/

how do you find out if hes running sp2? and if hes not can he still get it?

oh..heres an additional information: my friends computer is FAILING the validation everytime we want to install updates. My friend christian is using the same product key as his friend, gian. would he still be able to get sp2 and get direct 9.0c?

No he cant Get updates if he is running a bootleg copy of XP. to see what he is running right clcik my computer and choose properties in the general tab under system it will list if he is running XP SP2 or not.

iss said:
No he cant Get updates if he is running a bootleg copy of XP. to see what he is running right clcik my computer and choose properties in the general tab under system it will list if he is running XP SP2 or not.

yea..hes running service pack 2.

what's it mean if you are running sp1?

hi,
sorry to knid of blurt in an hour later but would it hinder directx 9.0c installation if you have xp sp1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back