directx 9 compatible graphics adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahajenhaha

hey- i know. im lame, but i really need help with this directx 9 compatible graphics adapter thing. when i couldn't play Sims 2 on my computer.. i downloaded the Diectx 9.0 and it still won't work, and i can't seem to figure it out... can anyone help me? please?

Please dont write all in red because it hurts my eyes ;)

For help check my topic out:

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic61153.html

If you pass with recommended then your game is probably messed up, If you get a minimum then your could upgrade the stuff that says "Failed" on it or if you failed it completely you'll have to upgrade your computer so it would work

Hope I helped ;)

Also... Welcome to Techspot!

okay , see the problem with that is... the computer im on right now is my mom's. i tried to install my game on my computer, that is not allowed to hook up to the internet... so that test, really doesnt help much.... any other suggestions? blue better?

on a different computer then the one im trying to install the game one. Computer #1, mine that is not hooked up to the internet and trying to install game, im currently talking 2 you on Computer #2 that has internet access

Ah ok :D

Well then, to see if your computer can be stabled playing Sims 2 look at the system requirements on the bottom of the Sims 2 game box and see what the requirements are for that game and post them in this topic please ;)

2.0 GHz processor or better
256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000
At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

Hmm your computer should be able to play that, Do you know what OS you are using? ( Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP, Mac, Linux )

Hmm I dont know why your computer is not able to run it... Ask your mom or who ever the other computer belongs to and ask her if they installed any videocards inside the computer that arnt Integrated meaning it didnt come installed when it was bought and i'll see if I can help you anywhere after that :D

but under the DAC type. her computer (which is the same kind) says Intergrated RAMDAC and mine says Internal... also the Directx Features (AGP texture) are unavailable

hers is a desktop 2. they are both the exact same computer, except i had to reinstall drivers after mi brother messed up the computer. i had to reinstall all the windows, microsoft, and other sound and display drivers... so our drivers are different and she has the AGP texture but everything else is the same...

Ah ok well try google.com and see if you can find your installer desktop's website and download a new Videocard driver for the integrated one so it can be updated then see if that works

If I'm not mistaken, The Sims 2 requires a graphics card that does T & L and vertex shaders 2.0. My daughter owns the game (but can't find the box around anymore with the system requirements). I remember because I had to swap out her GForce 5200 FX and replace it with a 6600 GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back