DirectX 9 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Remember, you read about it here first!

Although if you go to the Official DirectX page on Microsoft's server here, you will see that its still version 8.1 thats available, Microsoft have indeed placed the final build of DirectX 9 on their servers and its available to download here. Please note that this is a web based installer, and not the self-contained distribution of DirectX which is around 9MB I believe.

In case you are wondering how I got the link, it was from here.

I imagine that an official announcement will soon be placed on Microsoft's main page here and on the Official DirectX page here.

Installed A OK here, though there is one thing that puzzles me...

All the DirectX files are Final Retail, with one exception:
mfc42.dll
And it's been beta since 07.12.1999!

Anyone know why this is still in beta state?

According to the Inquirer, m$ said this is still the beta release.

but never mind. since i already installed, as long as it doesn't cause sh!t, then i don't bother it.

well, seldom use windoz any way. only when i need to patch or update. :grinthumb

now all we need are some new dx9 opimized detonators drivers to go with it.

Too bad ATi already has Catalyst 3.0's :cool:

NVIDIA will soon release Detonator 2384273957234.328472398523's or something. Sucks for them, they don't even have any DX9 cards :haha: /me laughs and points at NVIDIA...

And the sad thing is, they won't for like a year! :haha:

And I have been told that this is the final version of DirectX 9 as well.

We have like 3 news posts about the same subject :confused:

Anyway, I installed DX9 along with the Cat 3.0's, and so far they work just fine.

NV*****'s next card is also not fully DX9 complient.

they chopped some features in order to keep their FPS high.

Hey man - I was just posting a link, and saying Nvidia says its DX9 complient, make of that what you will, nothing more nothing less. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back