DirectX9.0 video card & sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

seoklan

I bought Sims2 n its expansion pack recently. But after I installed it, the computer prompt me for the following:

DirectX 9.0 compatible video card (video card must have 32 MB or more memory and one of these T&L capable chipsets: ATI Radeon 8500 or greater: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS or greater)

May I know what is that n where can I get it? Thanks.

I bought Sims2 n its expansion pack recently. But after I installed it, the computer prompt me for the following:

DirectX 9.0 compatible video card (video card must have 32 MB or more memory and one of these T&L capable chipsets: ATI Radeon 8500 or greater: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS or greater)

May I know what is that n where can I get it? Thanks.

Ok go to start run and type in Dxdiag then firs click no when it comes up a promet then on the firs tab tell me what it says under: Operating system, Processor, Memory, DirectX Version. THEN go to the display tab and tell me the Name, Manufacturer, chip type, Approx total memory. THEN go to sound and tell me what it says under Name

And post everything under those areas I told you

System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1.70GHz
Memory: 248MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display
=====
Card name: SiS 650_651_M650_740
Manufacturer: SiS
Chip type: SiS 650 Rev 00
Display Memory: 8.0 MB

Sound
=====
Description: C-Media Wave Device

What is the Make and model of this comptuer, i'm guessing its an older system that was upgraded some? And is the video card intergratd on the otherboard or is it agp,pci or pci-express. To determine tis is it near the mouse and keyboarplugs and printer usb and all thoses or is it down near the bottom

GeekieNick101 said:
What is the Make and model of this comptuer, i'm guessing its an older system that was upgraded some? And is the video card intergratd on the otherboard or is it agp,pci or pci-express. To determine tis is it near the mouse and keyboarplugs and printer usb and all thoses or is it down near the bottom
As you can see he has 248MB of RAM. Most likely his solution is integrated, as that 8MB is probably allocated to his integrated graphics.

It depends becuase they could have an intergrated video card and not use it so thats why the ram comes up 248mb becuase 8mb vieo is OLD and they could have a agp or pci viedo crd becuase i seen online they have 8mb cards still i dont know why but hey they do

Yes it's an old comp n it was upgraded. I guess it is near the mouse and keyboardplug. To reconfirm, where do i find the video card?

First do you have a agp slot or just pci slot you wont have a pci-express slot its newwer techongly but you might have the older stype agp and you can get them anways a local comptuer shop, walmart, www.newegg.com, www.tigerdirect.com and make sure your powersupply can handle the extra power load

Yes, It seems your comptuer might beable to have Directx 9 but still its intergrated viedo and also its only 8MB so that must be a older system. I know a comptuer maybe 4 years old will have 64 mb intergrated the new ones come with 128 mb intergrated and current cards for video go up to 1GB so yes and the sims needs atleast 32 mb to run and 8mb isnt going to cut it

Well to be smart I personaly would upgrade to a 128mb video card atleast and to check that your sound will work go to START...RUN... Dxdiag ... then to the sound tab then find the box that says test direct sound and if you want i know your video wont work since its only 8mb but you can go to the display tab as well and click test directdraw and test direct 3d

Your welcome I hope I helped you answer your question, Hope you will be palying the sims 2 soon, its my favorite game I'm so glad i could help

ok im looking to buy sims2 but i want to make sure i have what i need first i did the directx diagnostic and it said i have 32mb video but how do i know if it has the sound? p.s i'm geforce4 420go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back