DirextX 9.0c adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I read most of the other threads that are dealing with the Sims2 and getting a DirectX 9.0c graphics adapter. First off it said for me to download 9.0c, so I did, and my DxDiag says "DirectX Version : DirectX 9.0c". So I thought it'd work. Then it came up with the thing sayinf I needed a DirectX 9.0c graphics adapter.

I called Wal-Mart and asked what it was and the guy said it was a card. But they don't carry them. And they said no place in Crestview(the town I live in, in Florida) carries them. So. If anyone could help me:

a) Find one online for a decent price I think I need a Radeon 9000+
and
b) How and where I install it at would be SO very useful.

Please and thank you.

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

You might not need a new graphics card, so let's check that first.
What kind of computer do you have?
The more specific you can be, the easier for us to tell you if you need a new card or not. (Or even if you can use a new card).

When you've done that, we'll see what we can do to help you.

Thanks and all, but my mother took the game back. I have Windows XP.. And so I probably would've needed a new card. But it's a little late now. Sorry to be a watse of time.

That`s a shame cause all you probably needed was the latest drivers for you graphics card. I recently downloaded direct X 9c but I also downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card {Nvidia Geforce 4 MX4000} which also has support for direct X9c. Regards Howard:grinthumb

:confused: I have a windows 98 computer... I did the directX Diagnostic to see what type of systems I have for my computer (wanting to download Sims2) and I have a Matrox MGA-G200 AGP. Okay, went to website for Matrox Graphics, and they are less than helpful. Is this something I can download or is it something that I need to go to a store and purchase?

Cash is limited around here, and if I can get my system to work out with little dough I would be greatly appreciative. :confused:

I am sure no cares at this point but I was having the same problem

I am so behind in the times but I finally got The Sims 2, and I was having the exact same problem. Just go to your device manager find out what kind of graphics adapter you have. then go to that webpage and they will tell you what to do. I have XP and my graphics was an intel 82810. For me I had to Change the Color Quality (Color Depth) to 16-bit color and then change the games short cut to end in -w. The game starts right up. Its a few years after the fact but i hope it helps someone. :bounce:

CTisdale

I also have that graphics card and the -w thing worked for me too but do you also get lots of lag? if I don't scroll at all my sims move around fine but if i do time stops. Is there anything i can do

DirectX 9.0 adapter means a graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0. What is your graphics card?

You have integrated graphics which means built-in. You are going to be very limited. Have you tried the solution suggested by candacet7 in post #6?

Never heard of this , adapter ??

Any video card now adays sold will support DX9 ,, to some extent,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back