Disable chkdsk completely in vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyhkuj

hi everybody. i want to know how to disable chkdsk completely in vista because it keeps on deleting vital sys files during startup. and then next startup vista is dead!! i've had 2 install vista 3 times so far with the same problem happening each time. someone plz help!

Uhm.. Your Vista copy is legal, right? We are not talking about the "reduced functionality" feature here?

How about you fix your hard drive or whatever is causing the chkdsk run (and corrupt the drive)?

i've formatted my drive about 3 times then installed vista after each format. do u think this might have something to do with it?? do u know of any software that will completely erase ur hard drive 4 good so that the ofrmat info doesn't appear any more??

there are software that will "get rid of it" but if its physicaly there, then its kinda not much use (aka hdd bad). The best way is to test using the manufacturer's hdd diagnostic utility (from their website - free) and run that in its dos mode where possible. That way it will confirm if its this or that problem.

Look under Storage > HDD Diagnostic Compedium (or similar) in this forum

never mind guys fixed my prob and now i've got a fully functional vista with no probs. thnx for all replies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back