Disable intergrated video

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddy

hi i have just brought a new graphics,and am having a problem with disabling the on board one,can anyone advise what to look for in the bios or is there a jumper to move?mobo is a gigabyte i810-47b27x,running xp pro
many thanks

Usually there is a setting under "Integrated Peripherals" however for onboard VGA there is sometimes a jumper on the motherboard as well. Consult your motherboard's manual.

That's a little dodgy. Try the website of the board's manufacturer, and see if there is a .pdf file or something that you can download.

yes

there should be a pdf yet going into the bios as phant suggested could just be the simple solution

thanks, but when i look in bios i cannot seem to find anything with on board graphics or similar related:blush:

If there isn't something like "INTEGRATED ON-BOARD VGA" (enabled/disabled), then its likely a jumper on the motherboard.

There is nothing to stop you fitting a new graphics card anyway, and plugging the monitor into that. Windows should detect and use it. I've only seen it get confused like that a couple of times and insist on using the original graphics device. Worth a go.

i really do not think it's an isuue

just plug in , .........what you really want to run, ........and, you should be good to go.........the bios should come up, ......with a menu....of which integrated peripherals is a part.......and, should be a sub category of this

Did you get a disk with the drivers for the mobo with your purchase? most manufactuerers include their PDF/manual on the driver disk these days.

if you didnt and you dont know the make of the mobo download aida 32 it is a freeware utiity that will tell you the mmanufacturer and model of your mobo. then go to the manufactuer's site and get the downloadable manual.

http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

sorry about the delay,
having checked the moniter lead i can see that one pin is missing could this be the problem for the new card not working,just wondering if that pin is crucial and if so could it be stuck in the on board socket,if so would or is it possible to buy a new plug for the lead?

Originally posted by paddy
hi i have just brought a new graphics,and am having a problem with disabling the on board one,can anyone advise what to look for in the bios or is there a jumper to move?mobo is a gigabyte i810-47b27x,running xp pro
many thanks

I also got this gigabyte i810-47b27x and I trash my Windows and have to reinstall it. Unfortunately I can't find any driver disk. :confused:

man, are you kind enough to tell me the onboard video controller this motherboard is using (TNT,S3 etc..) and also the sound chip..

Thanks in advance..

Originally posted by paddy
sorry about the delay,
having checked the moniter lead i can see that one pin is missing could this be the problem for the new card not working,just wondering if that pin is crucial and if so could it be stuck in the on board socket,if so would or is it possible to buy a new plug for the lead?

Does the monitor work on the other card? If so, then no, this is not your problem.

The pins may be just fine. Several of those pins in your VGA cable are not used, and many manufacturers leave some of the pins out.. Making it look like it may be "missing pins".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back