Disable windows button?

By TimeParadoX
Apr 15, 2007
  1. Is it possible to disable the windows button on the keyboard?

I keep clicking this annoying button when I play games and it ends up making me crash because of all the CPU usage it takes up because of all the loading it has to do when I go out of Half-life 2 and into my desktop :haha:

Also do not tell me something like "Just take off the button" or i'll slap you :evil:
  2. gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook TS Rookie Posts: 320

lol, I dont believe you can disable that button. Why dont you just be more carful in your finger placement? lol
  3. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,088

Download X-Setup 6.3. Select X-Setup Default UI - For Power Users > Hardware > Keyboard > Enable Windows Keys.
    1 person likes this.
  4. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 2,273

Thanks for program peterdiva but I can still use the windows button, Do you know any other ways to disable it?
  5. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,088

1 person likes this.
  6. I always disable the right windows key via the registry because I use those three keys, namely alt gr, windows key and menu key, for certain functions in a particular game. It doesn't disable the key altogether it just stops it from opening the start menu, which is what causes full screen apps to switch to the desktop.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.