Disabling? I need help on disabling a integrated graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stillpimpn

Ok, im new to this site and also pc's, so dont go using all these pc terms.

I saw that you can disable an integrated card. I have an intel extreme graphics 2 card, but it wont let me play Battlefield 2 on it.

I have a Compaq 2700, intel 4, my chipset is intel i865P/PE/G/i848P.

CAn someone tell me how to disable it; what would be the best graphics card to buy; or if i can install a graphics card even though i stil have my integrated one?

Thx for taking the time.

P.S Battlefield 2 demo is out now and i cant play it :(

Check on the compaq website for your system to see whether the graphics can be upgraded.

Also please don`t start another thread, just because no-one has answered this one.

Regards Howard :cool:

To disable your integrated gpu (graphics card unit), you will have to enter your BIOS, directions are on the screen at first when you start your machine (often del or F2).

There you will have to search until you find a setting like "onboard graphics: Enabled" and change it to "Disabled".

But don't do this before you install your new card.
Also, to find if you can upgrade to a new gpu do as Howard says, or contact Compaq directly... Lastly, if you feel uneasy about doing the upgrade yourself, you can turn the computer into a local computershop and ask them to do it for you.
But don't pay them too much for doing it!

No matter what you do to the integrated graphics, it will never be able to run BF2.
You have to buy a new graphics card, and it has to be equal to or better than
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater
ATI Radeon 8500 or greater
(taken from the official specs here)

I'm sorry...

Are you using a laptop/notebook? If so, it has to be brand new for you to have an upgradeable gpu... And I must admit I've never seen any upgrade modules for sale...

If you give us some more info (specific model and pref. a link to specs on compaq's site), it'll be easier for us to help you....

hello I am asking a question related to this topic. I'm running an emachines comp that has upg graphics card and memory by myself. I have onboard video but i never disable it. Graphics in games look awesome because of my radeon 9550 but will disabling the onboard graphics improve performance or anything?

Some machines actually disables the onboard graphics when you enter a new card...

And the gain you'll see won't be very much, if any, but it will make sure windows/the system won't allocate any resources to the unused card... So I'd suggest turning it off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back