Disappearing thread and constant log out syndrome

BlameCanada

In the last few days,I`ve replied to two threads that suddenly disappeared
off the face of the Earth,and numerous others where I`ve been automatically
logged out.

This is all getting very wearying. :rolleyes:

I have been reliably told that TS had a minor bug and that it has now been fixed.

No idea what could be happening exactly, but a good idea to follow up where you posted is using the "My posts" link on the menu above.

Also threads might get moved by moderators. For example I just moved this thread to the appropriate forum: "Site Feedback" where it belongs. I left a redirect in the Meeting Spot, too.

Ok,thanks for that.

I did put it in the Meeting Spot,more to see if any other members had

these issues,rather than bother the Elite straight away. ;)

We see just about everything. And things happen quite often behind the scenes. But that's what we are here for. No worries.

I am having the same problem--being logged off--while surfing the site. I cleared the cookies in my browser but it doesn't help.

Is there any advantage to being signed-in if I don't plan on making a post? I'm thinking why fight it, go with the flow and just don't sign in at all, because it is kind of aggravating.

Thanks.

This seems to be the only site that it happens. Utter Access.com lets me stay logged in all day long, and with the several news media sites I use, this is not a problem.

I found a post from 12-19-2003 where people were complaining about this and a 15 min. time limit was mentioned. If there is a time limit is in force, shouldn't the timer start over each time I click on something?

So is there any advantage to being logged-in when not posting comments?

For what it's worth, getting logged out doesn't seem to happen to me unless I click on log out. I can leave and come back to the site all day. When I clear my cookies I will get logged out, of course.

Right! That's how I think it should work.

---It just happened again when I tried to post this response. Very frustrating.

It's not a big deal because most of the time I just lurk here. Now I'll be a stealth lurker.

Thanks.

If you check the Remember Me box when you log in, it keeps you logged in indefinitely on that browser (probably until your cookies are cleared).

When I logged in the last time I did check the Remember Me box, so I should know if that works very soon now.

Thanks.

...so all I need to do to log out is clear my cookies? ;)
Clearing the cookies was one solution offered in the old 2003 post I found on this topic.

I want to report that after 5+ hours I'm still here and logged in, so it seems safe to say this problem was solved by checking the Remember Me box at log in.

Thanks for the help.

To log out you can also click on "Log out" near the top right of the page. That way other web sites are not affected.

Back