Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middle

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adhmuz

I've had enough with trying to figure out where to put my damn disc drive so I'm leaving it up to the Techspot community. I hope this works and doesn't end up failing drastically somehow.

This depends on the case you choose. Are you talking about a Hard Disk drive or an Optical drive?

Um...well its not as if gravity slows it down when its at the bottom slot...its an opinionated thing, if your just talking about the optical drive.

A harddrive inside your case, I would recommend setting near a fan, and/or near the bottom because heat rises, though good cable management is probably more important, disk drive placement doesn't matter too much.

I've had enough with trying to figure out where to put my damn disc drive
Is there something wrong with were it is now...or why nowhere seems to be good?

O.O, curious, how is that Razer Barracuda set? A friend of mine was saying it has too much treble.

I Failed Restraint 101 Again......Drat.......

I suppose if you're going to put the case on the floor, it should be installed high.

If you're going to put the case on the desktop, then you should install it low in the case.

This of course makes a couple of assumptions: 1. this is an optical drive. 2. you don't feel like standing up every time you change a disc 3. the case offers you the option of either a high or low placement option 4.. I know what I'm talking about.

If this is a HDD we're talking about, stick it in the path of the front intake fan.

I'm rather partial to the optical drives being at the top, since all the store bought computers are like that. Hey, I'm brainwashed, what can I tell you.

Plan "B". Follow your heart, and stick it where you think it'll either make you feel good, or do the most good. Or possibly where it will make you the happiest.

Yes it is an optical drive. Case is right beside me on a stand about a foot tall. I honestly don't care where it goes just whenever my friends come over they all comment on how I have it. I do have a picture in the galleries if you care to see how my case is placed and setup currently

As for the Barracuda set up they seem fine to me, with the sound card the headphones sound a whole lot better than without and you can tweak them to do just about anything you want them to do. If you find there's too much treble you can turn it down and increase the bass which isn't the best but they do alright.

I honestly don't care where it goes just whenever my friends come over they all comment on how I have it.
I still don't get it, whats wrong? I don't see anything wrong with your case, what are you friends saying?

As for the Barracuda set up they seem fine to me, with the sound card the headphones sound a whole lot better than without and you can tweak them to do just about anything you want them to do. If you find there's too much treble you can turn it down and increase the bass which isn't the best but they do alright.
O.o, nice, can you use the Barracuda headset with any sound card, not just razers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back