By Akifuddin
Apr 11, 2006
  1. I use Sympatico High-Speed internet but whenever I'm using the computer (Everything, websurfing, gaming, msn, etc.) I always get disconnected every 5 minutes or so and its really annoying. I don't know what to do. I use a D-Link DI-524 Wireless Router and it probably has something to do with the router because before that my brother bought it, I never got disconnected. But now, oh man its like a living hell. The games that I play take more long to load than the amount of time that I can play before getting disconnected puke: Help would be nice but I'm not a tech expert on computers, I'm only 11 so chill :chef:
  2. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

you should have someone call cable company to setup the router
    if it's not the router setup it's your nic not configed to the right settings this should be done by your older family member
  3. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 766

Maybe one of you're dad's friends, as from told in a pervious comments that you're dad's friends(s) could help.
  4. Akifuddin

Akifuddin TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 144

Is there anything that I can do? My brother either: Isn't interested in helping me fix this computer because he has his own laptop OR he doesn't want me to play or something like that. It's wayy too annoying man! I was loading a game and it guess-what? DISCONNECTED!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Akifuddin

Akifuddin TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 144

It's totally random man... Today I didn't get disconnected much until I found a rare item and guess what? BOOM HEADSHOT! (In other words, disconnected)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.