TechSpot

Discussion:What Should I upgrade Next????

By Drezard
Nov 20, 2004
  1. I need some peoples ideas on what to upgrade next and what to and how much around should it cost??????

I so far have:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+
    MotherBoard: Asus K8N
    Memory: 512 Mb
    Graphics: Radeon 9200 Se
    HDD: 120 Gb

I not sure what to upgrade Next. I basically only play games on my computer, Like CS condition zero, GTA Vice city, Warcraft 3 , Etc, Etc

Or should i buy like a TV card, or ?????

2. Astro

Astro TS Rookie Posts: 41

Nice motherboard man - Asus is first-class. I would upgrade your video card if I were you. The 9200se is a bit underpowered. As far as what to spend, well that just depends on how much is in your budget. Also upgrade your memory - 512 is pretty good but the newer games are wanting more and more memory.

3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Definitly a video card upgrade. Any of the following card would be a nice boost : 5700 Ultra, 9600xt, 5900-xt, 9800 Pro (256-bit).

4. Imp

Imp TS Rookie Posts: 26

I would upgrade ur video card tbh! I have a 9600xt and they pretty good for the price but personally i think that the 9800pro is the best value for money card out there atm :)

5. Shaggy

Shaggy TS Rookie Posts: 19

dont spend money on a 256mb card..go with a Nvidia 5900Xt....badass card and stays cool..at least with me it does...plays 256bit graphics too

6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,565   +331

If you are a gamer, definitely get a new videocard, depending on your budget I would go with a GeForce 6600 GT or superior.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.