TechSpot

Dish chairman says Sony's upcoming Internet TV service, not Sling TV, will be the real game-changer

By Shawn Knight
Feb 25, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Sling TV has been hailed as a disruptor in the pay-TV industry but according to Dish Network chairman and inbound CEO Charlie Ergen, that title is best reserved for an upcoming over-the-top service from Sony.

Read more

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

Disneyland and a slew of channels no one watches anyway? Seriously - BET Gospel?? Good luck with all of that, Sony. You're going to find yourself in the dust if this is the best you're going to be able to offer cable-wise.

In case you hadn't noticed, it's all about the SPORTS. That's what cable subscribers want to see live. Everything else is easily obtained on demand elsewhere.

Arris likes this.
  3. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TS Evangelist Posts: 1,038   +269

And, in my opinion, streaming sports packages directly from the major leagues (NHL, NFL, MLB, etc.) are cheaper than Disney's, take what sports we are currently showing whether you care about them or not network - ESPN - as distributed on Sling.

4. Jon Paul

Jon Paul TS Rookie

I don't care for ANY of those channels listed.

5. chazz4623

chazz4623 TS Rookie

Me neither-none of them