Disk boot failure. Insert Boot Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or something of that nature.

My computer gives me that error when I turn it on.

I used to have Windows XP on my harddrive on a Dell dimensiopn 8300...Then the motherboard went bad ior something and I got a barebone kit...

I hooked up an MSI brand Motherboard.

MSI K9MM-V Motherboard - Via, Socket AM2, MicroATX, Audio, Video, AGP 8x, 10/100 Ethernet LAN, USB 2.0, Serial ATA, RAID

Now I hooked up the harddrive with Windows and a CD Drive and everything is set properly. computer works fine except I get this...

It won't accept my Reinstallation disk from the Dell for Windows so what do I do?

I got this stuff from tiger Direct.,.Works fine. I have internet hooked up as well.

You need to reformat your HD and re-install windows using an original Windows XP disc. Your Dell Windows XP disc will only work with Dell desktops.

Will a boot disk work?

Windows XP Home Edition is aready on their.

I have a friend who said he will let me use a Windows boot Disk to get pass that checkpoint test, then it should recognize Windows after the while....

You can not use the OS one computer (motherboard) and install it onto a different computer (different motherboard) and expect it to boot.

hi Michael1992 welcome t the site. If you can get a genunine copy of Windows you should be able to use your Dell License key to activate the OS.

The DELL disc you have is a recovery disc and therefore wont recognise the new board as its a NON-DELL board.

hope this helps

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back