Disk boot failure, Insert system disk and press enter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
first off, im sorry for my spelling, english is not my first language.

i just got a new pc, and i keep getting the "Disk boot failure, Insert system disk and press enter" message when i try to start up. my bios recognizes my dvd burner, but even so i have tryed to change my IDE cable and even changed to another dvd burner. "cd room" is first on boot devices in the bios. i have tryed the windown (xp sp3) cd on another pc, and it worked fine, i can boot with it. so there is nothing wrong with the cd, there is nothing wrong with the IDE, there is nothing wrong with the bios settings and there is nothing wrong dvd burner. pleas HELP!

btw, when my pc start up, it starts to read the cd, but just seconds before "press a button to boot from cd" poppes up on the screen, i get the "Disk boot failure, Insert system disk and press enter" !

HELP =/

btw, i have nothing other then keyboard, mouse and screen connected to my computer.

i tryed to quick boot, and my keyboard stoppes working when i get to the menu. im using a wireless keyboard form Logitech.

My computer (its new, there has never been anything on the hard drive):

Corsair Powersupply 650W TXEU Black BULK, ATX/EPS, 140mm Fan, 8xSATA, SLI

AMD Phenom II X4 920, 125W, AM2+, 8MB Cache, 2,8Ghz, Boxed with fan

Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4, Socket-AM2+/AM3, AMD 790X+SB750, DDR2, ATX, GbLAN, Firewire, 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)x16

Corsair TWIN2X 6400C5DHX DDR2, 4096MB, Kit m/två CL5 2GB Dimm's, E.P.P and DHX

Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI, VGA, HDMI, HDCP, Lite-Retail

Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.B 1TB, 7200Rpm, 16MB Cache, SATA

Sony NEC Optiarc DVD±RW burner AD-5200A, DVD+R/+RW/DVD-R/-RW, OEM, IDE, Black

is some computers it is not enough to select the cd/dvd drive as the one to boot from first. I think I had similar problems back when I tried to install a dell gx280. I had to select "onboard or usb cd-rom drive" and "onboard ide" as bootable devices....
the fact that the cd spins jus means that the drive was recognized and powered by the bios. this is far away from booting from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back