Disk boot failure! please help!

By OPEL
May 6, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello guys, thank you for checking my problem.

well i had a really weird problem!, i was using that LogMeIn software for remote access, and suddenly something happened when i tried to run a game, anyway...the pc was like need a restart! you know when you know that your pc need a restart!, lol so i did

first that screen pop up which had the list of safe mode, last known good configs, start windows normally.

first i choose normally, it did restart!, before loading the windows itself, then i choose last known good configs, then after like 10 seconds when it was trying to boot it told that there is some file is missing and i dont remember the file name actually!, then after this, it made another restart and telling me DISK BOOT FAILURE!...

so guys do u know any way to fix this boot files? replace them? anything?
    i dont want to reinstall windows, i have many files on the C drive that i dont want to delete..

by the way i use windows xp professional sp2, am on another pc right now, so please if you have any solution...

by the way i tried to enter windows recovery and use FIXMBR & FIXBOOT, both didnt work

Thnx
  2. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

3. OPEL

OPEL Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and qwelcome to Techspot.

Hopefully, this isn`t your problem, but it may be your hard drive has failed.

Test your hard drive with the manufacturers diagnostic utility. If you have problems in finding it, take a look at this thread HERE. Please let us know the results.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  5. OPEL

OPEL Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

oh thank you mate for the help :) but CCT's way worked well with me...after 5 attempts, lol !, but great it works well now :D, actually am writing from it :D

lol, thnx anyway

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)
  6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

That`s great news mate and thanks for letting us know.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.