Disk boot failure! please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, thank you for checking my problem.

well i had a really weird problem!, i was using that LogMeIn software for remote access, and suddenly something happened when i tried to run a game, anyway...the pc was like need a restart! you know when you know that your pc need a restart!, lol so i did

first that screen pop up which had the list of safe mode, last known good configs, start windows normally.

first i choose normally, it did restart!, before loading the windows itself, then i choose last known good configs, then after like 10 seconds when it was trying to boot it told that there is some file is missing and i dont remember the file name actually!, then after this, it made another restart and telling me DISK BOOT FAILURE!...

so guys do u know any way to fix this boot files? replace them? anything?
i dont want to reinstall windows, i have many files on the C drive that i dont want to delete..

by the way i use windows xp professional sp2, am on another pc right now, so please if you have any solution...

by the way i tried to enter windows recovery and use FIXMBR & FIXBOOT, both didnt work

Thnx

Hello and qwelcome to Techspot.

Hopefully, this isn`t your problem, but it may be your hard drive has failed.

Test your hard drive with the manufacturers diagnostic utility. If you have problems in finding it, take a look at this thread HERE. Please let us know the results.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

oh thank you mate for the help :) but CCT's way worked well with me...after 5 attempts, lol !, but great it works well now :D, actually am writing from it :D

lol, thnx anyway

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back