Disk boot failure while trying to boot from CD drive w/ XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. I have just built my first computer from scratch and everything seems to be in working order except when i turn it on i get the Disk boot failure msg. I have a Western Digital caviar SE 16. It uses S-ATA connectors. Never built a computer using them before. currently i have it plugged into port 1 on the S-ATA II connectors on my motherboard and have the jumpers set in 1 and 2. I have BIOS set to check CD then Hard Drive in that order. So i start my comp with XP Home with SP 2 in the CD drive and i get the Disk boot failure. I have never formatted the hardrive so i dont know if that could be part of the problem and the CD drive doesn't show up in BIOS and i have it plugged into the IDE port 3.

If ne1 could shed sum light on the subject that would b sweet thx.

I dont think thats the problem because its showing the Hard Drive in BIOS, but how would you go about installing them?

Install your cd drive to ide 1 as master, select boot order as cdrom then scsi
Boot with windows cd and press F6 when prompted to install sata drivers, u will need drivers on a floppy or another cd.
Hope this helps :)

my cd drive didnt come w/ a book or nething so im not shure what pin config is master. currently im guessing pins 1 and 2 (all the way to the right) and i'll try it with IDE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back