Disk Boot Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
System:
HD: Maxtor 80gig
Vid Card: GF4 Ti4200

I was just doing the usual on a the computer and i got a "blue screen of death" for about a second not giving me enough time to read what it said and it shut down my computer. On the boot up it gave me the message "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" I restarted just to see if it would boot normally but it didnt and gave me the same message. So i put in my windows disk to check it out, when i went to see my hard drive and partition infro it just said "setup cannot access this disk". I dont know what to do. If you know if its just my hard drive and need a new one, something wrong with windows or anything like that please help me solve my problem.

Hi, check the obvious things like cable has fallen off (both power and IDE / SATA), if all is connected, it sounds like your hard disk drive has failed. If it's new send it back under warranty, if not... hope you have abackup of any data and I hope this helps.

Can you get to the Bios ? does it recognize the Drive?
Also this Post probably belongs in Networking & Storage, as this sounds like a hardware issue. You will get more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back