Disk Boot Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently got a new motherboard and PSU and when I turned on the computer I recieved the message " DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER " ... I have not been able to access the HD so nothing has changed. The same message appears when I have nothing but power, screen and keyboard plugged in.

When I insert the Windows disk it get to the part where it would do repair or install but then says taht it is not connected properly or the power is not in properly....

I can feel the heat on it which would suggest that it does get power and all the IDE cables are firmly in..

Can anybody help?

are the jumpers on your hard drive in the correct slots? any hard drive problem i've had is because the jumpers aren't set right

Jumpers..... There are only 2 sockets on the HDD and one is the IDE while the other is the power, I wouldn't think that there would be any debate as to which goes in the biggest slot..

*I changed the slots of the CD and HD cables on the MOBO and now it still displays "disk boot failure .. insert system disk..." even though the XP cd is in. Could this possibly mean that one of the IDE slots is broken, or that the CD is broken?

I will go out now and get a new HD. Although it may make my computer work I have important files I need from my old Hard drive!

Is it possible that it is the Hard drive that is the problem, if so can I retreieve the information or get it running again in any way?

May I also remind that I can NOT get to the recovery console...
..and that I have a new Power Supply and Motherboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back