Disk structure is corrupt and unreadable

Hi all,
I've just installed Windows 8.1 onto my friend's laptop, a Sony Vaio.
Originally, there are 2 partitions: C for Windows 8.1 (143GB) and D for Data (165GB).

I decreased partition C to 43GB and increased D to 265 GB by using Acronis Disk Director Suite from Hiren's Boot CD. Unfortunately, the process crashed. Partition D's format became RAW and whenever I open it, what I see is "Disk structure is corrupt and unreadable".

What can I do now?
Somebody, please help me.
Thank you very much.

Hi there,

What is your primary goal at the moment to recover the partition or to format it and make is usable? You might try using some kind of partition recovery software, but if the data that's on this partition is important you might think about using professional data recovery services. Good luck.

Your task crash in a very critical operation and I'm surprised that C: is usable. The other partition IMO is hopeless and I would just format it and move on. As noted, you might send the hd to a recovery service,
but that will take time, cost $$$$, and there's no promise to come back with anything.

Is your PC running fine right now if C drive is looking good and in working condition you can do with D drive to correct hard drive space.
just follow these steps
Right Click on computer go to manage section
now proceed to storage management , disk management Here your windows all partition will be shows correctly.
Right click on D drive and delete volume.
Now your all data in D drive will be deleted and drive unmount
Now you again to right click on D drive assign new drive letter path, and other details to drive.
Just you go to explorer here shows you D drive which is empty format it first and use it now.
So simple you able to use your D drive easily right now

Hi there,

What is your primary goal at the moment to recover the partition or to format it and make is usable? You might try using some kind of partition recovery software, but if the data that's on this partition is important you might think about using professional data recovery services. Good luck.
easeus data recovery works well in recovering partitions, but it can only recover the data.
So you have to save the recovered data somewhere else. Create a new D drive as reckonankit suggested, and copy the data back to D drive. If the lost data is not so important, you can save your time and just create fresh new D drive.
BTW, Acronis Disk Director seldom crashes. You might got a bad luck.

The link I put above is wrong. But techspot doesn't allow me to change it.
I didn't mean to provide the wrong info. Just ignore the link.

Back