Dismantling an XP

learninmypc

If I started a thread, I can't find it so in a nut shell a friend gave me an XP tower a few weeks ago & after numerous attempts to revive it, it won't. So, I'm in the process of dismantling it completely & would like to know if there is a sequence to follow?
I already have the PSU un screwed but finding it difficult to undo the many wires/ribbons & such.
Would like to get it completely dismantled by Sunday night, thank you. :)
For unknown reasons, I can't upload a picture of it as it is. :(

Last edited:
If I started a thread, I can't find it so in a nut shell a friend gave me an XP tower a few weeks ago & after numerous attempts to revive it, it won't. So, I'm in the process of dismantling it completely & would like to know if there is a sequence to follow?
I already have the PSU un screwed but finding it difficult to undo the many wires/ribbons & such.
Would like to get it completely dismantled by Sunday night, thank you. :)
For unknown reasons, I can't upload a picture of it as it is. :(
"EDIT" PSU & MB out.

Started this thread at 4:54pm & I've got it gutted. If I could upload the pics, I would.
Now I know why some pc techs get frustrated easily. :)

I assure you I meant no harm :) . It was not as easy as I thought it would be. I've gutted other pc's but only after destroying parts of it.
ALL I needed on this one was a phillips screw driver. My stubby fingers weren't of much help. :)
Anyhow.............................:)

You going to salvage any any parts? Fans, HDD, cables, CPU, DVD drives are all fine to salvage.

Back