Display Driver missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

2 days ago I wanted to implement a new driver for my "GeForce2"-graphical card.

The "NVIDIA"-homepage informed me of the following before I installed the downloaded display driver:

"Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove."

And so I did.

But when I try to setup the new driver I get a pop-up which says: "...NVIDIA can not find/connect to driver....." and the instalation close down ?

Now my display looks like s...

Does anyone have a good idea what to do ? (My computer is a desktop:Compaq Preasario 7400)

thanks,

sincerely,
Jakob

Its possible that the "driver" u downloaded is a download manager, try running the install with your internet connection on. If thats no help to u then let me know and i will do my best to help further. Rik.

Many older NVIDIA chipsets are no longer supported by the latest drivers.
Check the "Products Supported" link for any given NVIDIA driver.

Windows XP/2000 driver;
http://www.nvidia.com/object/77.72_winxp_32_supported.html
"Product Support List Windows XP 32-bit - 77.72"
"The following products are not supported in the current ForceWare Release 75 driver. Please continue to use the previous ForceWare Release 70 drivers available here."

TNT2
TNT2 Pro
TNT2 Ultra
TNT2 Model 64 (M64)
TNT2 Model 64 (M64) Pro
Vanta
Vanta LT
GeForce 256
GeForce DDR
GeForce2 GTS
GeForce2 Pro
GeForce2 Ti
GeForce2 Ultra
GeForce2 MX Integrated graphics
Quadro
Quadro2 Pro
Quadro2 EX

Triton that could be the issue because GeForce2 is listed.

But I might add, because you have a Compaq, it could be a proprietary setup, and you should go to www.hp.com and search for your model and get the driver from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back