Display Driver Stooped Responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone, I got this message today while I was viewing in Firefox and was only screen or program open:
The DisplayDriverName display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to report this failure to Microsoft.

When I reboot I get no dispaly for report. Tried looking on web for fix but just seems to be articles on this but no fix.

Running AMD Athlon chip on Windows XP Home

Help anyone??

Frederick

Hi,

Don`t worry about reporting the error to Microsoft.!!

They haven`t a clue, and aren`t interested anyway.:haha:

If your display is working now,the reboot did what the

message said it would do.

Not worried about reporting. Trying to fix the problem. This happens 2-3 times daily now. Doesn't matter what programs are open or just a browser, like the other day. This sounds like a video driver problem, possibly. Just trying to find out what drivers I need to download and were to find them.

Well, a video driver problem is cetainly one of the possibilities.

Find out what video card you have,then go to the web site of the card
or the computer maker if it`s an OEM.

You can use Everest or Belarc to tell you the hardware (google them).

I've run tests on software and the computer says video card is working properly. This may help identify problem. When error message comes up it says: The pmxdisp display has stopped working normally bla bla bla... Does this narrow it down to where this is coming from?

Frederick

Is your card a Hercules ? That uses pmxdisp.dll as part of the Kyro video drivers

Everest or Belarc should have told you what computer you have,

and what video card you have.If is a Hercules look here - HERE (choose your model).

There is a discussion HERE

BlameCanada - Thanks for that info. Yes it was Hercules. downloaded fix. Wanted to wait a couple of days to make sure worked. NO PROBLEMS. Also thanks for the screen save on link showing steps.

Help very much appreciated....

Frederick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back