Display is screwed up after self-restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer just restarted on its own and now my display is stretched and blurry, and if it's stretched to the maximum I start getting weird flickers, like my screen is being degaussed.

The display is really blurry in the center of the screen, while the left and right edges look like they've been pressed together, i.e. like there's some sort of "bulge" in the middle of the screen.

Help please.

*UPDATE* Tried highering the resolution (was previously 800x600), the display seems to have improved, but I have poor eyesight so I really need it to be at 800x600. But why does my display screw up at 800?

Most programs are not designed to run well at 800-600. But it appears you have either a video graphics driver issue or a video graphics card failure.
First, take a look at the device manager to see if there are red or yellow flags for any devices: Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager. Any worrisome flags will be on the left.
If nothing there, you need to tell us if you have onboard or integrated video from the motherboad, or if you get your video graphics from a card plugged into a PCI slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back