Display lags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to see if anyone can help. For some reason I am having some serious lag on my display in Windows. I formatted my drive about 2 weeks ago and have installed all the latest drivers for my system (my profile should have my system setup). I can't seem to figure out why it happens, but I'm about at my wits end. Here's a short description of what happens:

Everything I either minimize, maximize, scroll, highlight words, etc. there's a lag in it happening. If I minimize all to my desktop, all my icons on the desktop disappear and then it takes a second for the screen to refresh everything back to normal.

That's about the gist of it. If there's anything else ppl might want to know tell me and I'll try to answer as best as I can. Thanks a lot in advance for any help given.

Welcome to TechSpot

You got Norton Antivirus installed?
In there is a setting to activate the Office-macro checker. Switch that off and reboot, your problem should go away.

I have Symantec Antivirus Corporate (v8.1). There are options for Real-time file checking and Exchange file checking. Both of these options have something for checking macros. Should I change both to log only? Also, I don't have my Outlook or any other Office products open all the time, so would this still be a problem? I did notice in my Outlook COM Add-Ins that there was something for Norton AntiSpam. Would this cause issues as well? Thanks again for the help.

95% sure this is a video driver problem.

If you have looked in Device Manager, but don't any improperly installed devices... You may want to take another look.

Sometimes XP will install a "Standard VGA" driver for the graphics card, which may appear to be installed fine in Device Manager, but does not offer any sort of video acceleration.

It's best you update your drivers to the latest ones (in most cases)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back