display problem with projector and xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soap

im assuming this is a software issue becuase it works with 2000 but not xp.

laptop with xp connected to a projector when playing a video it shows up on the laptop screen but not on the projector( shows media player menu and buttons but blank black where the video should be shown) the same video was played using another laptop with windows 2000 installed and it worked on the projector.

any ideas why it wont show up on xp???

just a guess but it might have to do something with the hardware acceleration. you go to the display icon in control panel and then on the "settings" tab there is an advanced button down at the bottom of the window. clicking on the advanced button will bring up another window and under the "trouble shoot" tab there is a slider bar for hardware acceleration. my guess is that is all the way over to full. try sliding it over to none and that might do it. saw a buddy do this one time and it worked for him.

later

rob

Reminds me of when I was trying to take pictures of my desktop when a video was playing.. where the video was supposed to be, all I would see was a black box. It only did this with Windows Media Player and DIVX Player, all my other players were normal.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but it seems somewhat relevant.

This is caused by the media player using overlay video to display the movie (much faster this way). Some players like WMP allow you to disable overlay, some don't use it at all. It may also be that Windows video acceleration setting affects availability of overlay video too.

If you are using WIndows Media Player, go to Tools->Options->Performance->Advanced and untick "use overlays" tick boxes.

Yeh I have the same problem with some videos my pastor wants me to play. You-tube seems to work but like windows media and I think it's quick time don't show either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back