Not open for further replies.
  1. Wassup Everyone,

My current system stats are P4 1.5 ghz
    Win Xp Pro
    256 RDRAM 800Mhz
    Asus P4T Mboard
    Asus V8200 Geforce 3 Ti 500
    and thats basically it

Well anyways every time i format , and run windows little lines appear all over my screen whether im in games or desktop. My computer also freezes up and then seizes to freeze for a couple of seconds, then goes back to hell again,Ive changed about oh say 20 drivers around, when i disable my video card driver though and runof standard it works like i am currently doing.

Plz any help will be great thanks a heap.:)
  2. schizoid77

schizoid77 TS Rookie Posts: 124

2 things.

New Video Card, sounds like that one is shot.

And get more RAM.
  3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

What does getting more RAM have to do with that problem?
  4. SubKamran

SubKamran TS Rookie Posts: 303

Nothing but witn XP, nothing below 512MB is good :D
  5. Sku11

Sku11 TS Rookie Topic Starter

K thanks for the help , but im not going to get a new vid card just like that. Does any1 else think its my vid card, to be honest I also think my video card is shot but I want a few more opinions
  6. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Posts: 822

Is there anyway you can try a different video card? All you need is another AGP card to try in it. I personally say its probably the video card, since you get lines and such, its probably toast. But you probably ought to try another card in your system before buying a new one. No need to throw away money.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.