Dissapearing Posts

boeingfixer

Hey gang,

I was curious why some of my posts are dissapearing ? Is this normal ? Do you delete duplicate posts or do you just not like me ? Just kidding, seriously, I have posted some stuff and New Threads that seem to dissapear ?

Thanks.

Some posts get merged, some may get deleted. I usually send out a PM for those instances.

Here's an example of a merged post. http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=849
For the sake of continuity, it would have been better to reply to your previous post.
That way people can follow your problem & the story line. Anytime you reply to a post,
it will be bumped to the top of the order, & further shows up in Today's Active Topics.
Also read:
http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=382

Under certain circumstances mods may delete posts outright.

My bad, I found some of my "missing posts", but I haven't found them all. But again, thanks for the info Uncleel, it was very much appriciated !!

I would just like to re-emphasize what Uncleel said.

Most of the time if mods are to modify/delete a post we will contact the author of the post and explain why the post was edited/merged/moved/deleted/ect. But there are an occational time where us mods do have other stuff going on in our lives other than 3ds (Imagine that :) ) and we may be here and see something that we feel needs moderator action - so we do what we fell is necessary and sometimes do not have time to get back with the original author of the post. That is why the provision in the TOS says that a post may be edited or deleted with no reason whatsoever.
We are not trying to be harsh or discriminate against anyone. Moderators are chosen based on many things including thier leadership in the 3ds community - so a post will never be deleted "just because we can" or "just because we don't like the poster".
Hopefully Unc and I have cleared up any misunderstanding you may have had with our policy.

Cheers,
-SNGX1275

Thanks SNGX1275 for the info too. I did find some of my missing ones but not all, and I didn't mean to come off accusing any of the staff on discriminating, thats why I said I was kidding, but thank you for the info. I feel that after being here and posting for 3 weeks that all of the 3DS staff does a GREAT job. If I didn't like the forums, I wouldn't have stayed and posted. I want to tell all of you to keep up the good work.

Occasionally when I have been busy I have renamed threads to more appropriate names/titles and forgotten to send a PM to the poster. If you are missing threads that you have started do a search for the topic in question and it should be found. This is one possible place where posts may have seemed to have disappeared. Post are not deleted without sending out a PM unless it is a regular poster who has previously been told about posting unsuitable material, in which case it will just be removed immediately. Other than that I have always found the backend database to the forums to be stable.

Back