TechSpot

Disturbing Banner Ad

By SNGX1275
Feb 24, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. I go to check the forums tonight, and I see an ad that was a bit disturbing.
    http://gammaxi1275.googlepages.com/ad.jpg

I realize this is a legitimate treatable medical condition, but do we really want 'graphic' ads like that? I don't want to have a moral discussion on how we should be donating to the treatment of such problems, I'm just wondering if perhaps that ad isn't one we need on our site.

Edit: I'm debating this with a friend of mine and she has no problem with the ad and doesn't see why I have an issue with it. So if nobody else has problems with it that is fine, I'll accept leaving it if everyone else likes it.

Edit2: I made the link clicky since I thought posting the pic in a thread where I complained about it wasn't the greatest of ideas :)
  2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,532   +315

I'm not sure if this campaign is part of those that go to social announcements but I'm going to check it out.

Edit: Ok, it was one of the charity ads and apparently it barely showed a dozen of them.
    I have to agree with SNGX, it's a bit too on your face for a hobbyist site like this one, so I have removed it from rotation.

If you are interested in collaborating towards a good cause, check them out at www.thesmiletrain.org
  3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

I agree, that that banner is a little disturbing and might upset some people. Though I guess that`s what it`s designed to do.

Regards Howard.
  4. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

Yeah that ad made my eyes hurt, I wouldnt mind if you took the ad off because I disable all ads on Firefox ;)
  5. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

I saw it too, and it's a little off.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.