Disturbing Banner Ad

SNGX1275

I go to check the forums tonight, and I see an ad that was a bit disturbing.
http://gammaxi1275.googlepages.com/ad.jpg

I realize this is a legitimate treatable medical condition, but do we really want 'graphic' ads like that? I don't want to have a moral discussion on how we should be donating to the treatment of such problems, I'm just wondering if perhaps that ad isn't one we need on our site.

Edit: I'm debating this with a friend of mine and she has no problem with the ad and doesn't see why I have an issue with it. So if nobody else has problems with it that is fine, I'll accept leaving it if everyone else likes it.

Edit2: I made the link clicky since I thought posting the pic in a thread where I complained about it wasn't the greatest of ideas :)

I'm not sure if this campaign is part of those that go to social announcements but I'm going to check it out.

Edit: Ok, it was one of the charity ads and apparently it barely showed a dozen of them.
I have to agree with SNGX, it's a bit too on your face for a hobbyist site like this one, so I have removed it from rotation.

If you are interested in collaborating towards a good cause, check them out at www.thesmiletrain.org

I agree, that that banner is a little disturbing and might upset some people. Though I guess that`s what it`s designed to do.

Regards Howard.

Yeah that ad made my eyes hurt, I wouldnt mind if you took the ad off because I disable all ads on Firefox ;)

Back