Diver corrupted or missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartmike

My computer's cd/dvd drive stoped working the driver appears to be missing or corrupted. I need to reinstall it. Help me find my driver:

FG3674K HIE359I SCSI CdRom Device
Driver assemly version: 6.0.6000.16386

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L6332D ATA Device

This is a Toshiba Satillite A135-S4527

This seems a little strange since CD/DVD drives operate on the drivers supplied with the Windows operating system. The only drivers/program you should need is a DVD decoding program so that you can playback DVD content. The only driver on the Toshiba site for this model relating to the combo drive is the driver for the silent operation for it, but that's only to quiet the drive down when in operation.
It could be that the Windows drivers have become corrupt. You could try a System Restore Point prior to when the problem started. If this doesn't rectify the problem, you may have to reload VISTA through the Toshiba recovery program.

Did you go to 'device manager' and check 'DVD-CD-ROM drives'? 'Properties' will show if the 'driver is missing' and if 'device(s) are working properly'. Check the system 'setup' to see if your device shows up on 'ide' devices. Check the connector from the ROM to the board try an alternate to be sure. Dood Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back