Dividing Bandwidth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if there was some way I could throttle or divide up my 56k bandwidth between various program I run using the internet. Currently I find that if I have MSN Messenger open at the same time as I am downloading using AudioGalaxy (and yes I know it has spyware in it ) that Messenger will frequently sign out as it is not getting enough bandwidth.
Audiogalaxy seems to have it's own bandwidth throttle (which helps a little), but I'd much rather another program to divide up my bandwidth between all the programs I use over the internet. That way I could maximise programs and games which need lot's of bandwidth and reduce the amount given to other programs. The most important one however, is to increase bandwidth to Messenger, so that it can stay signed in for more than 2 minutes at a time. Thanks for your help

I don't know about dividing, but ZoneAlarm will allow specific programs no access at all to the internet.

Try lowering your max. downloads at the same time number, to like 1 or 2 while running msn.

I used to run those programs at same time and i never had same problem. U tryed SYSTEM MONITOR, Add: Bytes recieved / sent and connection speed and see if computer is holding connection.

My connection is nice and stable and I have tried reducing AudioGalaxy's song limit to 1. But it doesn't help, then songs always creep up and start using over 4kb a second and everything goes slow from there and Messenger signs out. This is all with the AudioGalaxy bandwidth throttler on the smallest value or the second smallest. It doesn't seem to matter where it is set, it doesn't seem to limit the bandwidth used by AudioGalaxy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back