Divx codec issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjps220

About a month ago, I realized that a video I had made was now a little distorted when playing it in WMP. The picture was normal in terms of location, but the color was shifted up by about half the screen. So the bottom half was black and white, and the top had misplaced colors.

I went to try to watch some other divx files last night and they acted very strange. There were often colored blocks remaining at the bottom of the screen, and if I dragged the progress bar into the middle, WMP10 would often crash.

I have tried reinstalling the codec pack from divx which did nothing. I also tried playing my files in the divx player, and they worked fine. I guess its a problem with wmp and the codec?

Any ideas as to what I should try?

I'm not at home right now, but I will be on monday. I just wanted to give you guys a head start for your suggestions! And I do realize I ask a lot more questions than I answer, but that's probably because you guys are just too darn smart! :)

Open WMP and click on tools/options. Click on the file types tab and click on the select all button. Click apply/ok.

This might solve your problem. If it doesn`t, I don`t know what else it could be.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back