TechSpot

Dlink DP300U/A printserver and Samsung 6510

By youngtechnician
Sep 17, 2007
  1. Dlink DP300U/A printserver and Samsung ML-1610

Hi guys,

does anybody know if the dlink dp-300u/a printserver is compatible with the samsung ml-1610 printer? i was checking the compatibility list at the product description at dlink's site but there are few printers listed there. I need to buy one of these print servers but i donĀ“t know if it will work with this printer; any help is welcome.

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Yes it will work. It depends on the configuration of teh Samsung Mi-1610... which comes in three flavors.

3. youngtechnician

youngtechnician TS Rookie Topic Starter

uhm, you got me on that one...what are those config flavors of the ml-1610 ? is there any of them that will not work with the printserver?

thanks in advance,.

4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,392   +107

Email dlink about printerserver or Samsung about the printer you want prior to buying either one.

5. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

My bad. I confused your ML-1610 with the many Samsung wireless enabled unit. I don't think any model that sells forf $40 to $90 will work well on a print server.

6. youngtechnician

youngtechnician TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok guys,

what could you tell me about the dlink dpr-1260 wireless printserver and this samsung ml-1610? i was checking the dlink site for specs on this printserver and it includes more printer models than the 300u/a i mentioned before. I can see it has been tested to work OK with the Samsungs ML-1710 ML-1740 and ML-2010. Would this mean that it could work OK on the ml-1610 too? i was thinking that if it worked with a recent model like a 1710 it could work with a 1610 too? or im just messing things up?

thanks in advance.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.