dll error on startup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently got rid of a bunch of adware and trojan viruses on my computer. My computer is clean now, but everytime I restart windows xp it gives me this rundll error: error loading 0064827.dll could not be found, module cannot be loaded. What can I do to fix this?

This is probably stored in your registry to start with Windows. An easy way to remove it should be using msconfig.

Start > Run. Type msconfig and press enter. Click the 'Startup' tab. These are all programs that startup with your computer.

.dll files cannot be run by Windows like programs are. They need to be invoked by another program. So look for any entries that that have C:\Windows\System32\rundll32 or %SYSTEM%\rundll32 at first. 0064827.dll should be at the end of the correct entry, although sometimes the path names can be too long to display in msconfig.

Also, feel free to delete any entires in here. The worst thing that can happen is it will disable something you use (like your virus scanner), but if you pay attention to the path and file names, it should be fairly simple to identify most entires. Removing unnecessary programs from startup is an excellent way to customize your startup and help your computer run faster.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system may not be as clean as you think.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as a .txt attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

udncdqo.exe
txpusl.exe
redistributor.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,udncdqo.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sptmsj] C:\WINDOWS\system32\txpusl.exe reg_run

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NwCplMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\system32\redistributor.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [pmant] C:\WINDOWS\system32\txpusl.exe reg_run

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\txpusl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\redistributor.exe
udncdqo.exe You will need to search your system for this file and delete all instances of it.

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Post a fresh HJT log and let us know how your system is running

Regards Howard :)

Well done, your HJT log is now clean.

If you ever have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

This thread is for the use of flyawaymsg only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back