DLL file missing ( what is this? )

By tommyd78
May 28, 2004
  1. what is this?

I keep getting this window message at startup saying "file'hpzlnt06.dll' on unknown is needed". In the bottom of window it says D:\enu\drivers\win2kxp. I cannot find this file. I put in a search and it says the file can't be found. Also on the bottom task bar I get a message saying " new hardware found". I reinstalled the software on my printer because it stopped working once and I think that is when I started getting this window message each time I start up. I would like to get rid of it because it is starting to drive me crazy. Anybody help please?

- Title edited
  2. Godataloss

Godataloss TS Rookie Posts: 482

Is your printer a HP? uninstall the old drivers then reinstall the new ones
  3. tommyd78

tommyd78 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

What you mean by installing new drivers by going to HP website site and finding the new drivers for that model Hp that I have? Like I said I did install again the drivers that came with the unit and then the problem seemed to start when Idid that.
  4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Delete the HP printer from your printers folder (Start->Settings->Printers and Faxes). Then download the latest drivers from HP website and install those.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.