TechSpot

DLL file missing ( what is this? )

By tommyd78
May 28, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what is this?

I keep getting this window message at startup saying "file'hpzlnt06.dll' on unknown is needed". In the bottom of window it says D:\enu\drivers\win2kxp. I cannot find this file. I put in a search and it says the file can't be found. Also on the bottom task bar I get a message saying " new hardware found". I reinstalled the software on my printer because it stopped working once and I think that is when I started getting this window message each time I start up. I would like to get rid of it because it is starting to drive me crazy. Anybody help please?

- Title edited
    Didou
  2. Godataloss

Godataloss TS Rookie Posts: 501

Is your printer a HP? uninstall the old drivers then reinstall the new ones
  3. tommyd78

tommyd78 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

What you mean by installing new drivers by going to HP website site and finding the new drivers for that model Hp that I have? Like I said I did install again the drivers that came with the unit and then the problem seemed to start when Idid that.
  4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Delete the HP printer from your printers folder (Start->Settings->Printers and Faxes). Then download the latest drivers from HP website and install those.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.