DMA settings, where are they

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got an ATI 9800 Pro All-in Wonder and when I download the TV listings I get a message that DMA is not enabled for either of my disk drives. When I first installed the card and got this message I would go into control panel and get to Device Manager and go to the disk drives and set the DMA on for each drive and I wouldn't make any difference. I did this a few times, same problem. Now the resources tab is not in view at all. I uninstalled the driver on one of hard drives and windows found a hardware change and installed a driver but still can't set DMA, the resources tab still doesn't appear. My two drives are a Maxtor 6Y060L0, 60 Gig, Ultra DMA and Western Digital WD1600JB, 160 Ultra DMA.

I need some suggestions.

Thanks

You can set DMA in the IDE channel properties in Device Manager. Also, it has to be enabled in BIOS.

DMA settings

I found the ide settings and both drives are set to Ultra DMA, on DMA 5 and one to DMA 6. My ATI card still tells me that DMA is not set. I went thru to BIOS and didn't find anything to set for/to DMA. What is it that I need to set? Thanks for taking the time to reply.

DMA also applies to IDE optical drives. Have you checked those too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back