DNF getting "Hail to the Icons Parody Pack" DLC this fall

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

It's no secret that Duke Nukem Forever wasn't the sentimental blast from the past we expected it to be, but if the game didn't leave a sour taste in your mouth, you might want to check out the downloadable content slated for this fall. The title's first DLC pack is expected land sometime before the holidays, bringing three new game modes and four new multiplayer maps with new weapons to the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Named the "Hail to the Icons Parody Pack," the DLC pays tribute to various well-known shooters, including Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2. The new game modes will include "Freeze Tag," in which players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession, "Hot Potato," which will challenge players to hold onto a babe for the longest duration, as well as a free-for-all mode called "Hail to the King."

duke nukem dlc

Meanwhile, the new maps are called "Call of Duke," "Sandbox," "Inferno," and "2Forts1Bridge" (we've included 2K's full descriptions below). It isn't clear how much the company plans to charge for the DLC, but First Access Club members who registered their FAC membership before DNF launched will receive a free copy. The company also plans to host a multiplayer event at its Novato, California headquarters on August 4.

• Call of Duke: Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don’t stand a chance against the Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
  • Sandbox: Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children's toys. This map features Sticky Bombs.
  • Inferno: Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
  • 2Forts1Bridge: Hats? Duke doesn’t need no stinking hats. Give him a minigun and he'll beat off all comers.

Permalink to story.

The already have hail to the king. Ill be get this for free woot. I wish they would release a map editor, the next fps I buy is going to have a map editor. If not I'll stick to free to play fps titles.

Back