DNL error

Status
Not open for further replies.

originalskinner

DNS error

Ive been having problems with internet explorer. When i open it i get a "page cannot be found" dns error. This happens with everything that accesses the internet like the window that opens with AIM or realplayer. Ive downloaded many browsers and the only ones that seem to work is AOL and OPERA. Any other browsers i try i get the DNS error. I was wondering if you have any ideas how to fix this. I have run things like Spybot and Ad Aware but this doesnt fix it. Also some pages on AOL and OPERA wont load that work for other people. It either keeps reloading or i get a "Network Problem" popup.

Check the DNS-settings in your network. Normally your router has the DNS-servers in its setup, as given by your ISP. Your PC then has the router's IP-address as DNS-server.

You can't access any pages at all with IE?
Make sure you have your internet connection set up properly in Internet Options->Connections, also check the proxy setting.

What sort of network connection do you have?

Then it is the Internet Options. You have to go over all options in Connections and make sure they are OK.

If you don't know how to do it, ask us. Or run the Internet Connection Wizard.

Have you run through the Internet wizard at all? For some reason...in the past, I've had to do that to straighten odd settings out. Sounds odd, but I know it to be true.

Go to Control panel -> Network Connections and remove all connections you have there. Go to Device Manager and remove your network card (that is if you are connecting to your cable modem over LAN, otherwise remove your cable modem device).

Reboot and configure your networking from the start.

Is there an easier way? I seemed to have misplaced the software cd for my cable modem. Also ive noticed that lately i cannot access pages for secure information (like ordering something) or even the "My EBAY" page on ebay. Is there anything else i can try?

Rightclick IE in the desktop, go to Properties, then select the Security settings. If the Internet setting is set to High, then nearly everything is blocked. Adjust it down to Medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back