DNS problem

[FONT=Segoe UI]Hello,[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]I have problem with one of my pc's, a few days ago I started to notice that I couldn’t open many sites on all browsers, then I connected my wife’s laptop with a lan cable and every thing was working. connected both pc's to the same modem and opened a common website and the result was same, my pc didnt open the websites only same sites where as the laptop was fine, reading on the web I found people telling different ways to fix the issue and I think I have tried all:[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]I have flushed the DNS Cache, as well as restarted it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]I have also tried uninstalling the Wireless Networking Card[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]Making sure that auto DNS is enabled on both modem and pc.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]I have even changed modems.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]I have tried to connect the pc on my friends network.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]The only way to use the internet was assigning 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 Dns in my modem and every thing works fine but my ping goes high; when I connect to auto DNS the problem comes back.[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]After all the things I tried I reinstalled a New windows 7 praying things would be solved but to my sadness nothing was done, I reinstalled a new windows 2 times but nothing. I even deleted the anti virus to see it helped, that didn’t help[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]I dont understand why will my pc not take AUTO DNS??? [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI] [/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI]PLEASE help me I really dont know what to do here.[/FONT]

Networking has never been my strong point. However, maybe jobeard will have some pointers for you.

Google Public DNS (8.8.8.8, etc) is better than auto, so you are fine. But like BLK said, Jobeard may be able to elaborate or problem solve.

On vacation, but saw your plight....
Basically reset etc\hosts to contain exactly and only

127.0.0.1. Localhost

Perms will be an issue, others will need to guide u further......

Hey wheelspk. For clarification,
Do you have a wireless router in your network?
Is your pc also a laptop and if so, do you normally connect wirelessly?
When you say you connected to your modem, did you mean a router using an Ethernet cable?
When you reinstalled Win7, was it a clean reinstall (with a format), or just a regular reinstall?

Google Public DNS (8.8.8.8, etc) is better than auto, so you are fine

Semi off-topic: This advice isn't 100% correct, and shouldn't be given out in every instance of this problem. Not saying you do that.. :) but FYI.

Dear you did a lot for your computer which was not necessary the only thing you did is that change your mtu size in router from ex-1500 to 1490.this definitely solve your problem. if not reply

Back