Dns_probe_finished_no_internet

loJo1

Does anyone know how to solve the problem been having this for months but gave up cause. I couldn't find the solution I Also gave it a lot of time today without Any luck tried everything possible.

There are two primary tests for network, then we start suspecting the browsers

Get a command prompt (Start->Search enter CMD and hit enter)

1. ping 8.8.8.8 tests if your system can get past your isp. should not have timeouts
  2. nslookup 8.8.8.8 tests to see if your DNS is operating properly
So what to you see from these two?

I get that done when I am finished eating just to make something clear I uninstalled Google Chrome, so I don't have it anymore and The only browser I have is Internet Explorer, which crashes on startup, so I won't be able to connect to the Internet, but my Internet is working properly also my programs. That require the Internet does not work.

Those two tests do not require ANY browser and predict the success of ALL browsers. If they don't work, then no browser will either.

OK !!! The foundation of Internet (Tcp/Ip) is just fine on your system. Now you need a good browser.

Get a thumbdrive and visit a friend with the intent of bringing home a browser installer.
You need to know
  1. which version of Windows you are running
  2. and if it's 32bit or 64bit
both are shown My Computer->right.click->properties
go here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ and get the version you need.
download (make sure it's finished downloading) and then drag to your thumbdrive
and be sure to close the window showing the contents

Properly EJECT it, you get the prompt Safe to Remove: do so, take home and install it.

Okay I just tried to install Firefox from my USB, but it seems like it won't install it am getting an error which says the download of The file became interrupted click ok to continue and it happens in Both safe mode and non.The file is called Firefox setup stub 33.0.0. 2.exe transferred it from an old laptop which I had.
But I am going to get a fresh copy of Both Firefox and Chrome once I visit my parents.

But I am going to get a fresh copy of Both Firefox and Chrome once I visit my parents.
Good choices - - make sure the DL is complete, the file may show ~dup with PART in the name.
Until xPARTy disappears, the DL is not done.

Okay I just tested it seems like Firefox and Chrome cant be installed on my pc Firefox is saying The same thing That my download Got interrupted and Chrome is telling me add Googleupdate.exe to my firewall which I already did and nothing happens.

Okay I just tested it seems like Firefox and Chrome cant be installed on my pc Firefox is saying The same thing That my download Got interrupted and Chrome is telling me add Googleupdate.exe to my firewall which I already did and nothing happens.
That's hogwash. We need to make the system see that you are installing both for the first time.
(Make sure you have a browser that is still operating - - but I recall, IE crashes and these two are both in trouble. so we do what we have to do).

Login as the Admin, go to the Control Panel, then Program & Features.
scroll and uninstall BOTH firefox and Google Chrome.

" That my download Got interrupted" hmm, you're not waiting for the download to complete. It's several megabytes and will take a minute or two. In the Downloads folder, use the Details view and it should show a large file
  • Firefox Setup 44.0.2.exe 43,949kb (this is the x64 version)
Make sure you download the correct version for your computer, not the version for the system you are using to get the download

The problem is I cant remove Firefox or Chrome from my system cause its not in it and I am waiting properly for The Firefox and Chrome to install I am also not getting any file in my download folder.

You need to get a person will experience to get their hands on the system keyboard. This is solvable but in in this fashion, sorry.

I dont quite get were you are going but am I at Fault here for not understanding you correctly?

I don't want to discourage you, but you don't have the background to resolve this with remote help, at least not from me - - sorry.

Back