Do Audio Video Cables quality matter much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyiiyyii

Do Audio Video Cables Quality matter much?

for example with Coax i know the gold connectors worked better then silver connectors. So my question is do the cables red yellow and white connectors have high and low quality cables or they all the same. If they have high quality cables what are the names of them and where can i find them.

Red,White audio RCA are much the same.
It's haveing and useing a SVHS video cable instead of Yellow RCA.
If your TV has it for VCR's etc.that have it out.
But it also depends where you are.This is a N American reply,not GB.
Add your location to your Profile.

Yes and No. Those Red/White/Yellow and Red/Green/Blue are analog cables, and yes the better quality ones will give you better quality audio and video. You probably aren't going to notice unless you are doing 6 foot + runs or are just using extremely cheap cables (or have a large tv).

DVI and HDMI are digital signal cables, and you don't need high end cables. The digital signal won't degrade if you have a cheap cable compared to an expensive one. The only exception is signal loss on extremely long runs, like 20 feet or more. The cable is transmitting 1s and 0s and as long as the signal is strong enough to be counted as a 1 or 0 you'll get the exact same picture or sound. So in this case, there is no reason to buy expensive cables.

It depends on your Amp/Reciever,if its Stereo.
Red is right channel and white is left channel for Stereo.
Dolby Surround if you have IT !
One more point though.Stereo RCA's have 2 black rings.
Analog (very old) have 1 .

I have a 400 Dics DVD player I got from Ebay and there are some problems with it.

There is some skipping and some sort of digital static on some brand new discs.
I know its not dirt or a scratch cause the disks are new. It can skip on second or freeze or show little squares during seinfeld Dvds mostly that are new.

Is there a way to clean DVD players, I know the VCR had a Head Cleaner, is there something like that for DVD players

Just remembered

Check out Monster Cables,but there very expensive.
Used by serious audiofiles with $10,000 systems.

yyiiyyii said:
I have a 400 Dics DVD player I got from Ebay and there are some problems with it.

There is some skipping and some sort of digital static on some brand new discs.
I know its not dirt or a scratch cause the disks are new. It can skip on second or freeze or show little squares during seinfeld Dvds mostly that are new.

Is there a way to clean DVD players, I know the VCR had a Head Cleaner, is there something like that for DVD players

Whats that got to do with "Do Audio Video Cables Quality matter much? "
1 topic at a time.
What does the 400 describe ? Try updateing the Players Firmware.

The Interpreter

He's talking about a 400 disc (stand alone) DVD player. It's probably a Sony or Pioneer.

No, better AV cables won't cure skips and lock-ups, if that's what you're thinking. A bad cable generally won't work at all, or it will inject noise.

I guess there's deals to be found on Ebay, and the reason I seem to see so much broken equipment from there is that this is a forum for broken equipment.
Most manufacturers tell you not to use a lens cleaner.

Unless you're planning to back-up all of you're discs (store bought) and then stock the player with the back-ups, a 400 disc DVD player is pretty much the worst idea I've ever seen. I suppose if you have homeowners insurance it's OK. But, should you ever suffer a break in, someone only has to carry out one thing to be the proud owner of your entire movie collection.

zipperman said:
Check out Monster Cables,but there very expensive.
Used by serious audiofiles with $10,000 systems.
Do yourself a big favor and STAY AWAY FROM MONSTER (and ignore zipperman)! try monoprice.com, riteav.com and bluejeanscable.com for inexpensive high quality cables. Real audiophiles know all these sites.

Quality is more important the longer the cable. The connectors are more important than the rest of the cable. A long cable better be of better quality copper, thicker and with better connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back